Tuesday, November 2, 2010
How Well Do I Multitask (Class Activity Response)
In class today, we took two tests to judge if we were multitaskers or not. One tested our focus: http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2010/06/07/technology/20100607-distraction-filtering-demo.html & the other, our speed in juggling tasks: http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2010/06/07/technology/20100607-task-switching-demo.html. Before I took them, I believed that I was a good multitasker although I am easily distractable. My results however proved otherwise. Surprisingly, in the first test I had a high ability to ignore distractions on the screen making me a low multitasker, which is actually good thing. Then, the second test revealed that I multitask too much and therefore took longer to pick the right answers. The tests contradicted themselves so I'm not really certain if I am a high multitasker or low multitasker. I think the reason that happened was because the second test required more critical thinking than the first test. Maybe if I take them again I will get results that coincide.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment